Desktop Support Technician – IT
Desktop Support Technician (Entry Level)
Posted on: August 6, 2018
Salary: Based on Experience
Reports To: Director of IT
Position Type: Full Time
Location: McKinney, TX
Pogue Construction’s Desktop Support Technician will work across a broad range of technologies and multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests.
Responsibilities include answering IT requests via phone, email and in person and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms. This person will be responsible for building, installing and maintaining company PC’s, wireless networks and peripherals in accordance with company standards.
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure in accordance with company standards
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with company guidelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to leadership
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to users
- Use call logging system to accurately record requests
- Experience working with desktop and laptop computers, printers, mobile devices (phones and tablets), network devices.
- Knowledge of help desk/desktop support process and procedures
- Basic understanding of networks, networking equipment, and connectivity
- 1 to 2 years of total IT experience including computer, peripheral and mobile device support.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Windows server products and Apple operating systems
- Firm understanding of computer support, troubleshooting and best practice
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent language and communications skills
- Ability to work individually on assigned projects and in a team-oriented environment
- Relevant certifications such as CompTIA or Microsoft are preferred but not required
- Ability to travel to job sites to provide technical support
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs
Resumes accepted by:
Pogue Construction Company
Attn: Debi Matzke
1512 Bray Central Drive
McKinney, TX 75069