Project Safety Manager
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Salary: Based on Experience
Reports to: Safety Director
Location: McKinney, TX (assigned projects)
- Oversees and make decisions related to project safety, health, and environmental policies such as:
- Stoppage when circumstances are related to an immediate danger to life and health on a project.
- Work with Safety Director to recommend and implement corrective action based on policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Provide leadership assigned projects and build working relationships with all project staff.
- Function as site Safety Professional for all assigned construction projects. Act as an active, onsite resource for all safety related questions, concerns and areas of improvement.
- Develop partnerships with Subcontractor Safety Reps to ensure compliance.
- Conduct safety audits, issue report of violations and require immediate corrective action by subcontractors.
- Investigate and resolve issues on behalf of Pogue Construction. Communicate with project staff and subcontractors in connection with resolving field safety issues.
- Coordinate Safety Committee meetings; plan and deliver training programs for managers and employees on relevant accident prevention.
- Enforce safe work practices and conditions in accordance with Local, State, and Federal regulations, as well as owner/contractual requirements.
- Educate and advise project staff on safety guidelines and policies.
- Conduct scheduled and impromptu training and safety meetings.
- Manage regulatory exposures to zero citations
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to identify known potential exposures and drive implementation of corrective actions.
- Computer skills and experience with MS Office suite programs.
- Proven management, leadership, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and train others.
- Internal and external customer service.
- A two year degree in Safety and Health or equivalent is preferred. In lieu of degree, additional work experience is acceptable.
- Two (2) years of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years’ experience in commercial building construction
- Minimum Requirements/Knowledge:
- 2 years’ experience, OSHA 30, current First Aid, CPR, AED
The Safety Manager will work with Project Management, Field Superintendents, and Business Development in adhering to company safety, health, and environmental policies. This function oversees, leads, directs and enforces safety and works on construction projects to identify, eliminate, and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices, and Injury Free Environment Techniques.
Applications accepted by:
Pogue Construction Company
Attn: Megan Forbes
1512 Bray Central Drive
McKinney, TX 75069